Home Insurance for Outdoor Structures

A typical Commerce, GA home insurance policy only covers your house. It doesn’t cover outdoor structures such as an above-ground pool, guest house, pergola, shed, or detached garage. You’ll need other structure coverage to cover these and other structures on your property.

What’s Covered by Other Structure Coverage?

Other structure coverage covers all the structures listed on your home insurance policy, which means that you’ll need to update your policy if you build a new structure on your property at a later date. Such policies are typically "open perils" policies, which means that all forms of damage not specifically excluded in your contract will be covered by your insurance agency. Other structure coverage usually covers the same forms of damage covered on your home insurance policy, including fire, windstorms, hail, ice, snow, water damage, and theft.

What Isn’t Covered by Other Structure Coverage

Other structure coverage doesn’t usually cover flooding, earthquakes, wear and tear, and pest infestation. It never covers intentional damage by someone who lives in the home. What’s more, you may lose coverage if you leave your home vacant for extended periods. 

Get Help from Commerce Insurance Agency 

Commerce Insurance Agency in Commerce, GA, offers other structure coverage to meet the needs of homeowners of all ages and walks of life. We’re locally owned and operated, and we work with a host of insurance companies to ensure you get the best deal on the policy of your choice. We can help you schedule an appraisal of the exterior structures on your property, review insurance policy options to find the best deals, suggest a deductible that will work best for your budget, and more. Get in touch with us at your convenience to find out more about our services or to get a quote.